The proposed Pakistan Standards which are required to be brought under Compulsory Certification Marks Licence in the home market are notified in the Gazette of Pakistan giving a time of two months to the manufacturing units for obtaining C.M Licence from PSQCA.
Manufacturing units intending to obtain Certification Marks Licence in pursuance of the Gazette Notification may send their applications accompanying a cross cheque of Rs.500/= payable to the Director, SDC/PSQCA as an application fee for each article either to the SDC office at 39-Garden Road, Saddar, Karachi or SDC Regional Office at Provisional Head Quarters.
The application when received from the manufacturers shall be given a Registration number. after making necessary entry in the register maintained for the purpose.The receipt of the application shall be duly acknowledged by the SDC Certification Marks Division.
The Certification Marks Division of SDC then prepare an Inspection Schedule and send an Inspector with a copy of Application Form-1 to the factory concerned or inspection and report.
- During the preliminary Inspection, the Inspector shall:
- Verify the statement made in application.
- Verify the laboratory facilities available for the quality test relating to the relevant article/process.
- Verify the test records of routine test and Inspection if Laboratory facilities existing. In the absence of testing facilities what are the alternate arrangements available for the control of the quality of the product.
- Check up the quality of an article at various stages starting from raw material, during processing, at the stage of final finish of the article.
- Carry out tests within the factory to examine the capability of the manufacturing unit if they are in a position to meet the quality control requirements.
Draw random samples of the raw materials, intermediate, semi finished and finished product for tests in the independent laboratories to examine the effectiveness of the quality control process of the manufacturing unit. In case if their quality control process found not effective then technical guidance is provided to improve it.
SDC shall retain one copy of the test report with them and send one copy of the report to the manufacturer for information and in case sample fails to meet the requirement of relevant PSS, for rectifying the defect.
The laboratories shall under intimation to the SDC send their bill of testing fee to the manufacturer concerned who shall be required to make the necessary payment of testing fee to the laboratories concerned.
GRANT OF C.M. LICENCEOn the recommendations of director, SDC shall issue C.M. Licence after having satisfied itself with inspection and test reports from laboratory. When the licence is granted to a manufacturing unit, he shall be held responsible for proper use of the Certification Marks.